Hertz Macedonia Guide
There is only one way to see the best of Macedonia – a self-drive with Hertz.
Booking with Hertz Macedonia
A self-drive holiday is about freedom on wheels. You can go where you want, when you want, at your own pace. All in the privacy of your Hertz vehicle of choice and in the company of your loved ones. It is not about reaching high speed to cover as much distance as possible or rushing to see as many places as you can. It is about experiencing and enjoying the places you visit. Forget about the scheduled departures and early wake-up calls. When you are in the driver’s seat, you can take control of your adventure.
To prepare for your self-drive holiday, check out this guide for practical tips on how to make the most out of your self-drive holiday with Hertz. Here you will find all the information you need; from planning and making car rental reservations to things you should look out for while on the road. You will find useful and interesting facts that will enhance your holiday!
- The minimum age to rent a car with Hertz in Macedonia is 21-25 years for most car groups. At the time of car rental reservation, you must present a valid driver`s license which you've possessed for at least 2 years.
- It’s important to know what your basic insurance policy covers. Hertz Standard Rates include damage cover (subject to excess), which provides cover for accidental damage to the Hertz vehicle and/or third party property, such that in the event of an accident, your liability is limited to a reduced amount of loss or damage.
Car Rental Rates
- All Hertz car rental rates include unlimited kilometers, taxes, standard roadside cover, administration charges and standard damage cover with excess. Satellite navigation is available to purchase locally at the time of booking and/or rental.
GPS Satellite Navigation System (NeverLost)
Picking Up Your Car
- Using the Global Positioning Satellite, Hertz’s state-of-the-art navigation system NeverLost has visual and voice prompts to tell you exactly where you are and gives you turn-by-turn guidance. No more wasted travel time and more peace of mind for holidaymakers. Opt for Hertz NeverLost® Satellite Navigation system unit for a stress-free self-drive holiday.
- Drivers must present the following documents at the rental counter:
- Car rental booking confirmation
- Valid driver’s license and international driving permit (IDP)
- Valid credit card
- Passport (for international travelers only)
- Ensure that they are listed on the Rental Agreement by registering at the rental counter. There is no coverage for damages by drivers not registered. A nominal fee may apply.
- Hertz Macedonia provides you with a full tank of fuel when you collect your rental vehicle. The vehicle must be returned with a full tank of fuel.
- Always drive your Hertz vehicle within designated speed limits. Speeding is a serious offense and speed limits vary from town to town, so ensure you adhere to the speed limit signs posted along all roads, at all times.
- Fatigue can be as dangerous as drink driving or speeding and contributes to many fatal accidents. Stop your Hertz rental car every 2 hours to stretch your legs and get some fresh air. Try to time your day’s travel so that you arrive at your overnight destination with time to relax and unwind.
- It is advisable to fill up the tank of your rental car before venturing to the more isolated areas of Macedonia.
- Do not leave the vehicle under any circumstances. In case of a vehicle breakdown, refer to the information that is provided with your Hertz car. Depending on the severity of the breakdown, a replacement vehicle may be made available.
Sudden Equipment Failure
- This rarely happens when you’re renting with Hertz Macedonia, but it is always good to know the basic handling techniques so you’d feel more confident if such unfortunate situation is to occur:
- Tire Blowout – ease your foot off the accelerator, keep a firm grasp on the steering wheel and pull your Hertz car off the roadway.
- Brake Failure – if your brake pedal suddenly sinks to the floor, pump it to build pressure. If that does not work, use your emergency brake. Shift your rental vehicle into a lower gear to slow down.
- Steering Failure – ease your foot off the accelerator, turn on the emergency flashers and come to a slow stop. Brake gently to prevent the Hertz vehicle from spinning.
- Stuck Accelerator – hook your toe underneath it to free it. If it does not become free, shift your vehicle into neutral and brake gently to slow down.
The Macedonian Fleet
Economy & Subcompact Hertz Vehicles:
Compact Hertz Vehicles:
(H1) FIAT TIPO station wagon automatic
(K) FIAT SCUDO comby 8+1 seats
Prestige Collection Hertz Vehicles:
(L1) LAND ROVER DISCOVERY SPORT 4X4
(L2) ALFA ROMEO STELVIO 4X4
(L3) RANGE ROVER SPORT 4X4
Hertz Macedonia Contact Details
Str. Skupi 8, 1000 Skopje, Macedonia
Tel: + 389 (0)2 31 34 391
+ 389 (0)2 31 33 480
Fax: + 389 (0)2 31 29 018
All care has been taken in producing this guide. Hertz is not responsible for any errors or omissions. Information provided is accurate at the time of printing and may change at any time without notice.
Download PDF file of the Guide here